世间唯变化永恒...分享 http://blog.sciencenet.cn/u/zlhua 世间唯变化永恒,以开朗的心简洁地生活...

博文

[转载]EISA.食品供应链信息管理:倾听马库斯.穆茨——透明的供应链有利于保护地球(TED)

已有 1595 次阅读 2020-7-16 08:29 |个人分类:智慧新世界|系统分类:科研笔记|文章来源:转载

倾听供应链创新者马库斯 · 穆茨(Markus Mutz)分享自己如何利用区块链技术一路追踪南极银鳕鱼从海洋到餐桌的历程,以此证明向消费者提供值得可信赖的产品是可行的。

原文链接:http://open.163.com/newview/movie/courseintro?newurl=MF5TIU2AS

 透明的供应链有利于保护地球

以下字幕来源于可可英语:

In almost all aspects of our lives we have perfect information available instantaneously.
几乎在我们生活中的方方面面,我们都能立马获得非常全面的信息。
My phone can tell me everything about my finances,
我的手机能随时告诉我我财务状况的一切,
where precisely I am on a map and the best way to my next destination, all with a click of a button.
我现在处于地图上的什么精确位置以及到下一个目的地的最佳路线,一切都只需要轻点一次按钮。
But this availability of information and transparency almost completely disappears when it comes to consumer products.
但是当我们谈论消费者产品的时候,这种信息的可获得性和透明度几乎消失不见。
If you go to the seafood counter at your local supermarket,
如果你去当地超市的海鲜档口,
you can probably choose between several different types of fish.
那里有多种不同类型的鱼供你选择。
But chances are, they won't be able to tell you who caught the fish,
但是很可能没有人能告诉你是谁捕的鱼,
where precisely it was caught, whether it is sustainable to catch it there and how it got transported.
在哪里捕的鱼,在那里捕鱼是否符合可持续性原则,以及鱼是怎样被运输到你眼前的。
And that holds true for almost everything we buy.
这对于我们购买的几乎所有东西都是一样的。
Every can of soup, every piece of meat, every T-shirt.
每一罐汤,每一块肉,每一件T恤。
We as humans, right now, are destroying the only thing we really need to survive: our planet.
作为人类的我们,此时此刻,正在一点点破坏我们赖以生存的唯一的东西:我们的星球。
And most of the horrible problems that we're facing today,
我们目前所面临的最可怕的问题,
like climate change and modern slavery in supply chains, come down to decisions.
比如气候变化还有供应链上的现代奴役,都归咎于我们所做的决定。
Human decisions to produce something one way and not another.
当制造商选择了某种方式,而非另一种方式生产。
And that's how we, as consumers, end up making decisions that harm the planet or our fellow humans.
这就是为什么作为消费者的我们最终做出了错误的决定,于是伤害了我们的星球或我们的人类同伴。
By choosing the wrong products.
在产品的选择上。
But I refuse to believe that anybody here in this room, or frankly, anybody on this planet,
但是我不愿意相信在座任何人,或更坦白地说,这个地球上的任何人,
really wants to buy a product that harms the planet or our fellow humans if given the choice.
如果让他自由选择自己真正想要的产品,他会真的选择购买一个能伤害这个星球或人类同伴的产品。
But you see, choice is a loaded word. Choice means there's another option.
但是你看,选择是一个很沉重的词。选择意味着还有另一个选项。
Choice means you can afford that option.
选择意味着你能负担得起那个选项。
But choice also means you have enough information to make an informed decision.
但是选择也意味着你有足够的信息并且经过充分思考后做出的决定。
And that information nowadays simply just doesn't exist.
而现在我们面临的问题是这样的信息根本不存在。
Or at least it's really, really hard to access. But I think this is about to change.
或者说获取信息的渠道少之又少。但我认为这一切即将出现转机。
Because we can use technology to solve this information problem.
因为我们可以使用科学技术来解决这个信息问题。
And many of the specific technologies that we need to do that have become better and cheaper over the recent years,
解决这个问题我们所需的很多特定的技术近年来变得更加先进,价格也变得可以接受,
and are now ready to be used at scale.
而且已经进入可以投入大规模应用的阶段。
So, over the past two years,
在过去的两年里,
my team and I have been working with one of the world's largest conservation organizations, WWF,
我们团队和世界上最大的保护组织之一世界自然基金会(WWF)合作,
and we've founded a company called OpenSC, where SC stands for supply chain.
共同创立了一家名为OpenSC的公司,其中SC为供应链(Supply Chain)的缩写。
And we believe that by using technology we can help to create transparency and traceability in supply chains,
我们相信:通过技术我们可以帮助建立起供应链的透明性和可追溯性,
and through that, help to completely revolutionize the way that we buy and also produce products as humans.
随后能彻底颠覆人们购买乃至生产产品的方式。
Now, some of this is going to sound a little bit like science fiction, but it's already happening. Let me explain.
有些构思听起来有点像科幻片中的场景,但是这确确实实在发生。我来解释一下吧。
So, in order to solve this information problem, we need to do three things: verify, trace and share.
为了解决这个信息的问题,我们需要做三件事:查核,追溯以及共享。
Verify specific sustainability and ethical production claims in a data-based and automated way.
利用基于数据的自动化方法来查核特定的可持续性以及伦理生产主张。
Then trace those individual physical products throughout their supply chains,
然后在那些单个实体产品的供应链上追溯其源头及去向。
and finally, share that information with consumers in a way that truly gives them a choice
最后和消费者共享这些信息,把选择权真正交给他们,
and lets them make consumption decisions that are more aligned with their values.
让他们可以作出符合自己价值取向的消费决策。
I'm going to use a real product and a supply chain where we've made all of this a reality already:
接下来我要用一个我们已经在供应链上已经实现这一设想的一款的产品来作进一步说明:
a Patagonian toothfish, or Chilean sea bass, as it's called in the US.
南极银鳕鱼,在美国我们叫它“智利黑鲈”。
Number one, verify. Verify how something is produced.
第一步,查核。查核其生产方式。
But not just by saying, "Trust me, this is good, trust me, we've done all the right things,"
并非全凭口头承诺“相信我,这货真不错,相信我,我们的生产没有一点问题”,
but by producing evidence for that individual physical product, and the way it was produced.
而是凭借每个单位实体产品的生产证明,以及其生产方式。
By producing evidence for a specific sustainability or ethical production claim.
依靠是符合特定的可持续性及伦理生产主张的生产证明。
So for example, in the case of the fish, has this fish been caught in an area where there's enough of them,
就拿这银鳕鱼举个例子,捕获这条鱼的海域里鱼苗是否充足,
so that it's sustainable to catch it there and not in a marine protected area?
也就是说在那里捕鱼是否符合可持续性原则,而不是在一个受保护的海域里捕鱼?
So what we're doing here is we're taking almost real-time GPS data from the ship -- the ship that's fishing
我们所做的是从正在捕鱼的渔船上获取近乎实时的定位数据,
and that tells us where the ship is and where it's going at what speed.
这些数据告诉我们船的位置、船速,以及船的去向。
And we can then combine that with other types of data, like, for example, how deep the sea floor is.
接着我们可以把这和其他类型的数据结合在一起,例如海底深度。
And combining all of this information, our machine-learning algorithms can then verify, in an automated way,
结合这些信息之后,我们的机器学习算法就能进行自动查核,
whether the ship is only fishing where it's supposed to, or not.
这艘船是否仅在规定的海域里捕鱼。
And as sensors become cheaper, we can put them in more places.
随着传感器的价格下降,我们可以安装更多的传感器。
And that means we can capture more data, and combining that with advancements in data science,
这意味着我们可以获取更多数据,再结合数据科学的发展,
it means that we can now verify specific sustainability and ethical production claims in an automated, real-time and ongoing manner.
这也就意味着我们现在可以以自动、实时且持续的方式核查特定的可持续性及伦理生产主张。
And that really lays the basis for this information revolution.
而这正好为供应链的信息革命奠定了基础。
So, number two, trace. Trace those individual physical products, so that we can truly say that the claim that
第二步,追溯。追溯那些单个实体产品,以至于我们可以拍着胸脯说,
we've verified about a certain product actually belongs to that individual product that we as consumers have right in front of us.
消费者面前的这个产品和我们已经查核过的产品信息是对得上号的。
Because without that level of traceability, all that we've really verified in the first place
因为如果没有该等级追溯工作的支持,我们第一步所做的所有查核工作,
is that somebody, somewhere, at some point caught a fish in a sustainable way,
也就是谁,在哪里,什么时候用可持续的方式捕过一条鱼,
or didn't harm the employee when asking them to produce a T-shirt,
或者生产一件T恤的时候并没有对员工造成伤害,
or didn't use pesticides when growing a vegetable that didn't actually need it.
或者没有对蔬菜使用毫无必要的杀虫剂,都将是白费的。
Only if I give a product an identity from the start and then trace it throughout the whole supply chain,
只有当我从源头开始就赋予一个产品一个身份,并且在整条供应链上追踪它,
can this claim and the value that's been created by producing it in the right way truly stay with it.
它的可持续性、伦理生产主张以及通过正确方式生产所创造的价值才是真实存在的。
Now, I've talked about cheaper sensors.
我刚刚谈及的价格变低的传感器。
There are many other technological developments that make all of this much more possible today than every before.
其实还有很多其他的技术为眼前的这些想法创造了前所未有的可能性。
For example, the falling costs of tags. You give a product a name, a serial number, an identity, the tag is its passport.
举个例子,变低的标签成本。当你赋予一个产品一个名字、一个序列号、一个身份,这个标签就是它的通行证。

What you can see here is a toothfish being caught.
这里你看到的是一条被捕的银鳕鱼。
This is what's called a longline fishery, so the fish are coming up onto the boat on individual hooks.
这是一种被称为“延绳钓”的捕鱼方式,这些鱼通过单独的鱼钩被拉上船。
And as soon as the fish is on board, it is killed, and then after that, we insert a small tag into the fish's flesh.
一旦鱼被捕上船,就会被处理,紧接着,我们会把一个小小的标签放进鱼肉里。
And in that tag, there is an RFID chip with a unique serial number,
在那个标签里,是一个带有独特序列号的RFID芯片,
and that tag follows the fish throughout the whole supply chain
在整条供应链的每个环节里,这个标签会一直跟着这条鱼,
and makes it really easy to sense its presence at any port, on any truck or in any processing plant.
无论在哪个港口、哪辆货车,还是在哪个加工厂,标签会让人很容易感受到这些鱼的存在。
But consumers can't really read RFID tags.
但是消费者并不能读取RFID标签。
And so, when it comes to filleting and packaging the fish, we read the RFID tag and then remove it.
所以到切块和打包的环节,我们读取RFID标签,后并取走它们。
And then we add a unique QR code to the packaging of the fish.
接着在这条鱼的包装上贴上独有的二维码。
And that QR code then points back to the same information that we've verified about the fish in the first place.
这个二维码所含的信息和之前标签的一样--那是已经经过查核的信息。
And so, depending on the type of product that we're working with,
也就是说根据我们需要处理的产品类型,
we may use QR codes, bar codes, RFID tags or other tag technologies.
我们可以使用二维码、条形码、RFID标签,或者其他标签技术。
But there are also technologies that are at the brink of large-scale breakthrough that make tags themselves obsolete.
但是也有一些其他技术可能将会取得大规模突破,从而淘汰这些标签技术。
Like, for example, analyzing a product for trace elements that can then tell you quite accurately where it is actually from.
比如说,分析一个产品的各类追溯信息的元素,这些信息可以相较准确地告诉你产品的来源地。
Then there's blockchain. A decentralized technology can act as a catalyst for this revolution.
还有区块链技术。这种去中心式技术可以催化这场革命。
Because it can help mitigate some of the trust issues that are inherent to giving people information
因为它可以缓解人们提供信息时必会产生的一些信用问题,
and then asking them to change their consumption behavior because of that information.
接着基于这些信息,建议人们改变自己的消费行为。
And so, we use blockchain technology where it adds value to what we're doing.
我们也可以利用区块链技术为我们目前的工作进行增加价值。
But importantly, we don't let the limitations that this technology still has today,
更重要的是,我们不再让目前的技术限制,
like, for example, with regards to scaling, we don't let that stand in our way.
例如就规模化而言的技术限制,阻挠我们前进的步伐。
And that brings us to the third point. Share.
这也就引出第三步。共享。
How to share the information that we've verified and tracked
如何共享我们经过核查并追溯的信息,
about where a product is from, how it was produced and how it got to where it is?
关于产地和生产方式的信息,以及物流信息?
How to share this information is really different from product to product. And different from where you buy it.
根据产品的不同,以及购买场景的不同,信息共享的方式不尽相同。
You behave differently in those situations.
在不同的场景下,你的行为会存在差异。
You are stressed and time-poor in the supermarket.
比如说在超市里的你精神紧张,缺乏时间。
Or with short attention span over dinner, because your date is so cute.
或者在餐桌上心猿意马,因为你的约会对象是那么地迷人。
Or you are critical and inquisitive when researching for a larger purchase online.
或者在网上购买高金额商品时,你往往很警惕,问题很多。
And so for our fish, we've developed a digital experience
对于我们的银鳕鱼,我们构建了一套数字化体验,
that works when buying the fish in a freezer in a fish specialty store
你从店铺的冰柜中拿出并购买这条银鳕鱼时,
and that gives you all of the information about the fish and its journey.
你可以获取到有关这条鱼及其生产历程的所有信息。
But we also worked with a restaurant and developed a different digital experience
同时我们也和餐馆合作构建另一套不同的数字化体验,
that only summarizes the key facts about the fish and its journey,
仅仅总结了这条鱼及其生产历程的关键信息,
and works better in a dinner setting and, hopefully, there doesn't annoy your date too much.
更符合就餐的场景,也希望不会打扰到你的约会对象。
Now, that brings us full circle. We've verified that the fish was caught in an area where it's sustainable to do so.
这就形成了一个完整的闭环。我们查核这条鱼被捕的环境是否符合可持续性原则。
We've then traced it throughout the entire supply chain to maintain its identity and all the information that's attached to it.
接着在整条供应链上追溯它,以保留它的身份及所有相关信息。
And then, we've shared that information with consumers in a way that gives them a choice
然后和消费者共享这些信息,好让他们可以选择,
and lets them make consumption decisions that are more in line with their values.
而且是让他们可以做出更符合自己价值取向的消费决策。
Now, for this fish example, this is already rolled out at scale.
这个银鳕鱼的案例已经进入规模化实施阶段了。
This season, the entire fleet of the world's largest toothfish fishing company, Austral Fisheries,
这个季度,世界上最大的银鳕鱼公司的一整支捕鱼队,南方渔业,
is tagging every single fish that they catch and that ends up in their premium branded "Glacier 51" product.
在每一条他们捕的鱼上都添置了标签,最终会出现在他们的高端品牌“冰河51号”的产品里。
And you can already buy this fish. And with it, you can have all of the information I talked about today,
你已经可以在市面上买到这些鱼了。有了这个标签,你可以获得我今天提到的所有信息,
and much more, attached to each individual fish or portion of the fish that you may buy.
附在你可能购买的每一条鱼或者每一块鱼肉上的更多信息。
But this is not a fish or seafood thing.
这不仅仅是针对鱼类或者海鲜的方案。
We're working on many, many different commodities and products and their supply chains across the globe.
我们还在开发更多的、针对不同商品和产品的,及其全球供应链的方案。
From dairy to fruit and vegetables, to nonfood products made out of wood.
从乳制品到蔬果,再到木制非食物制品。
As a consumer, all of this may sound like a huge burden,
对于一名消费者来说,这一切听起来好像是一个巨大的包袱,
because you don't have time to look at all of this information every time you buy something.
因为你每一次买东西,并不是都有时间去看这么庞大的信息。
And I don't expect you to, because you'll have help with that.
我也不希望你这么做,因为你将不需要靠自己完成。
In the future, we'll leave the decision of which specific product to buy increasingly up to machines.
在未来,我们会把购买产品的决策更多地交给机器。
An algorithm will know enough about you to make those decisions for you, so you don't have to.
交给一个非常懂你的算法来为你做决策。
And maybe it will even do a better job at it.
说不定它甚至有出色的表现。
In a recent study, 85 percent of those buying a product through a virtual assistant said that they,
在最近的研究中,通过虚拟助理来购买产品的85%的消费者说,
on occasion, actually went with the top product recommendation of that virtual assistant,
他们偶尔会直接采纳虚拟助理的推荐进行购买,
rather than the specific product or brand that they set out to buy in the first place.
而不是选择一开始他们奔着去的某个产品或者品牌。
You just say you need toilet paper,
你只需要说你想要厕纸,
it's then an algorithm that decides which brand, price point or whether you go with recycled or not.
那么将会有个算法来决定哪个品牌、什么价位,或者你喜不喜欢再生纸。
Well, nowadays this is usually based on what you bought in the past,
现在的这些算法通常建立在你过往的购买行为之上,
or whoever pays the most to the company behind the virtual assistant.
或是建立在那些通过虚拟助理给企业带来最大营收的人群之上。
But why shouldn't that be also based on your values?
那基于你价值取向的算法又有何不可?
Knowing that you want to buy planet-friendly and knowing whether and how much you're willing and able to pay for that.
知道你想要购买有益于地球的产品,知道你购买欲和购买力有多强。
Now, that will make it easy and seamless, but still based on granular effects and data to choose the right products.
这将会使一切变得简单且无缝衔接起来,但这仍然基于颗粒效应和数据来选择正确的产品。
Not by necessarily doing it yourself but by asking an algorithm that knows how much you care about this planet.
不一定需要你亲力亲为,只需通过询问算法,这个明白你有多关心这个星球的算法。
Not by necessarily doing it yourself but by asking an algorithm that is never time-poor or distracted,
不一定需要你亲力亲为,只需通过询问算法,这个永远不会没时间、不在状态,
or with short attention span because of the cute date,
且因为你迷人的约会对象,仅需要很少注意力的算法,
and that knows how much you care about this planet and the people living on it,
这个算法知道你有多么关心这个星球以及居住在这个星球上的人,
by asking that algorithm to look at all of that information for you and to decide for you.
只需要让这个算法帮你看看所有产品信息,然后帮你做决策。
If we have reliable and trustworthy information like that and the right systems that make use of it,
如果我们拥有这样可靠且可信的信息,以及能利用这些信息的正确的系统,
consumers will support those who are doing the right thing by producing products in a sustainable and ethical way.
消费者可以支持那些行正确之事的人,支持他们采用可持续性的,符合伦理的生产方式。
They will support them every time by choosing their goods over others.
每一次选购他们的产品就是对于他们的支持和肯定。
And that means that good producers and processors and retailers will get rewarded.
这也就意味着优良的产品制造商、加工商和零售商都会得到嘉奖。
And bad actors will be forced to adjust their practices or get out of business. And we need that.
而居心不良的从业者将会被迫调整自己的作为,或者被淘汰出局。这正是我们所需要的。
If we want to continue to live together on this beautiful planet, we really need it. Thank you.
如果我们希望继续在这个美丽的星球上共存,我们真的需要这样的改变。谢谢大家。



https://wap.sciencenet.cn/blog-520919-1242216.html

上一篇:萃智可拓阅读笔记:透明的供应链有助于保护地球
下一篇:EISA萃智可拓阅读笔记:生成创意的共轭之说——软硬
收藏 IP: 183.220.73.*| 热度|

0

该博文允许注册用户评论 请点击登录 评论 (0 个评论)

数据加载中...

Archiver|手机版|科学网 ( 京ICP备07017567号-12 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 20:04

Powered by ScienceNet.cn

Copyright © 2007- 中国科学报社

返回顶部